General Billing Information
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Most insurances accepted
- Self-pay due at time of visit unless other arrangements made. A 15% discount will be offered to a self-pay patient that is able to pay the entire balance on the date of service.
- Unpaid balance due within 30 days
- Fee information/special payment plans upon request
- All insurance will be billed as a courtesy to the patient
In compliance with State Law, St. Lawrence Health Alliance and Claxton Medical PC will provide a list of prices to each patient or community patient upon request.
While healthcare charges can be confusing in a consistently changing environment, the team at the St. Lawrence Health Alliance and Claxton Medical PC is committed to keeping our prices among the lowest in our community. We are also committed to correct and transparent billing. If a service appears on a bill that was not provided, call 315-713-6611 and our team will investigate immediately. We charge patients and insurance companies the same price for individual services. In addition to office visit charges, patients may be billed by other professionals who participated in providing care.
St. Lawrence Health Alliance and Claxton Medical PC Deliver Transparency in Pricing
In compliance with state law, St. Lawrence Health Alliance and Claxton Medical PC provide a price list available to each patient and community member upon request. This list contains our estimated charges for services including:
- Physician Office Visits
- Claxton-Hepburn Convenient Care
The charges are the same for all patients but a patient’s responsibility may vary, depending on payment plans negotiated with individual health insurers.
These prices are an estimate based on the historical data as of December 31, 2014. For specific estimates, please contact our billing coordinator’s office at 315-713-6611 to be provided an individual cost estimate.
Please note that the pricing in this notice is an estimate only and all prices may vary based on the individual services performed and the acuity of care required.
The charges represented below indicate the basic office appointment. Charges can fluctuate based upon the care needed, the personnel resources, the intensity of care and the amount of time needed to provide treatment. The following charges do not include fees for drugs, supplies, or additional ancillary procedures that may be required.
Billing Policy Summary
If you have questions or need assistance with your bill, our Billing Team is available to assist you. The Medical Biller can furnish information, make payment arrangements and help you resolve insurance billing problems.
You may contact our Patient Financial Counselor in two ways:
- By phone: Our Billing Coordinator is available at 315-713-6611, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- In person: Our Billing Team is available at the St. Lawrence Health Alliance Medical Office Building located at 3 Lyon Place, Ogdensburg, New York, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We offer a variety of ways to pay your bill: in person, by mail, by phone using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted)
Claxton Medical PC and St. Lawrence Health Alliance private providers all participate with the following insurances as In Network Providers:
- Emblem Health*
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Lifetime Benefit Solutions*
- Martin’s Point*
- NYS Medicaid*
- NA Preferred
- St. Lawrence-Lewis*
- Today’s Options*
- United Healthcare*
- Universal American*
- Worker’s Compensation*
Please note that the insurance companies listed above that contain an * indicate that Claxton Medical PC and St. Lawrence Health Alliance private providers participate with multiple lines of business with the said plan and all lines of business are not guaranteed to be included in our network. It is advised that you contact your plan directly to ensure in network benefits.
St. Lawrence Health Alliance/Claxton Medical PC Physician Offices
The charges represented below indicate the basic office appointment. Charges can fluctuate based upon the care needed, the personnel resources, the intensity of care and the amount of time needed to provide treatment. The following charges do not include fees for drugs, supplies, or additional ancillary procedures tharivert may be required.
- New Patient: $150-$312
- Established Patient: $57-$204