Your focus is medicine, our focus is management, together we can build a successful medical practice. Position your medical practice for success—put SLHA to work for you.
St Lawrence Health Alliance (SLHA) offers a variety of services which can be tailored to the individual physician’s office. Our goal is to provide personalized, timely, effective service and continuous improvement of quality and cost effectiveness.
SLHA provides physicians with resources for managing their practices, thus allowing them to devote more time to patient care. A comprehensive scope of services are available and encompass all of the management and administrative functions necessary for the smooth operation of physician offices.
We take pride in providing an organized and efficient workplace for physicians and their staff. This ensures that the highest quality medical care will be given to their patients.
To learn more about our services, click below:
- Patient scheduling tailored to physician need
- Registration of patient and insurance information
- Incoming call screening / messages
- Liaison with pharmaceutical representatives
- Reminder calls to patients the day before their appointment
- Confirm same day appointments
- Collection of co-pay and deductibles
- Versatile nursing skills to accommodate physician specialty
- Perform initial assessment
- Assist in the evaluation of patients
- Prepare written prescriptions per physician
- Administer injections per physician
- Provide patient and family education
- Provide exceptional nursing care to patients under the direction of physician
St Lawrence Health Alliance will assist you in implementing a Compliance Program tailored to the needs of your practice.
- Policy and procedure development
- Implement audit controls and procedures
- OSHA regulation requirements
- Staff Training
- Collect accurate information regarding insurance, reason for appointment, and to reschedule if the need arises
- Insurance requirements: covered service vs. non-covered service
- Procedure codes correctly match the diagnosis code
- HCFA claim forms properly completed and sent
- Routine chart audits ensuring proper coding and documentation
- Target and eliminate errors before they become problems
- Legal services
- Guarding your practice and your livelihood against audit and review
- Daily payment posting, follow-up and claim submission
- Electronic billing
- Patient statements on a 30 day billing cycle
- Internal and external collection services
- Accounts receivable and billing analysis
- Reports tailored to physician need
- Provides analysis of cost / benefit of vaccines and procedures
- Annual fee / coding review and recommendations
- Physician credentialing
- Knowledge and experience in markets for quality, service and price
- Established accounts with reputable vendors
- Medical and office supplies kept on site for same day delivery of most requested items
- On-line ordering and other Internet services
- Participation in Voluntary Hospital Association (VHA) Physician Link contracts
- Direct Novation contracts with vaccine manufacturers
- Prebooking and planning pharmaceutical orders
- Verizon OGS and AT&T VHA discounted rate telephone contracts
- Contracts negotiated and held by SLHA on large equipment shared by physicians
- Capital Equipment owned by SLHA
- medical and office equipment
- software and hardware upgrades
- integrated telephone and computer systems
- Display ad layout for newspaper advertising
- Web page design for the Internet
- Group listings in established venues for ad placement (i.e., physician listing in yellow pages and the annual medical directory
- Individual physician advertising as requested
- Daily processing of encounter forms
- Filing, faxing, and copying
- Hospital mail deliveries twice daily
- Professional and timely typing of progress notes, history and physicals, letters, memoranda. All correspondence is mailed, faxed or hand-delivered.
- 24-48 hour service. Same day service for STAT dictation.
- Confidential and Professional work
- Transcription service provided by Nuance Communications Inc.
Information Management Systems
SLHA realizes the importance of information systems to our continued success.
- On-site information management system specialists
St. Lawrence Health Alliance has a seasoned staff that focuses on getting the job done and making sure our employees have the understanding and knowledge to enhance the quality of service provided.
SLHA strives for an atmosphere where all staff are encouraged to contribute, learn and grow.
- Personnel management and payroll processing
- Health, Dental and Life insurance policies, workers compensation, New York State disability, and Federal / State unemployment tax.
- Administration of 401K plan
- Preparation of quarterly Federal and State tax reports
- A large pool of trained employees ensures the physician does not become dependent and therefore vulnerable to the loss of a key employee.
- Services Navigation
- Performance appraisals of all employees
SLHA operates in a fiscally responsible manner to provide the financial base that allows us and our clients to achieve our goals.
- Daily bank deposits
- Electronic transfers
- Maintain physician business checking
- Bank reconciliation
- Liaison with physician accountant
- Design and maintain pension plan